Cfd modeling of the combustion gases in non-premixed burners of a ground flare and the dispersion of pollutants generated during the process
- Having installed the necessary capacity for burning safe and efficiently abnormal discards of gaseous hydrocarbons
- Proper operation minimize the burning
- Know the environmental impact
- Minimize the impact
- Ground Flare is being more generally used at onshore installations
- Environmental Agencies are demanding more information/data
- Ground Flare is provided for incinerating waste combustible gas
- Each burner is composed by a great number of gas nozzles
CFD - Stages / Goals
Modeling the non-premixed hydrocarbon-gaseous jet-flame burner of the Cabiúnas Ground Flare.
Goal: Evaluate the average concentration of major pollutants emitted by combustion.
Modeling the dispersion of gaseous pollutants from the Ground Flare combustion.
Goal: Evaluate the pollutants dispersion around the Ground Flare.
Petrobras - Brazil