Job Position Description
Position Title: Oil and Gas Industry Sales/Account Manager
Company: ESSS North America
Location: Houston (area), TX
Start Date: Immediately
ESSS North America (ESSS-NA) is a new joint venture between ESSS (Brazil) and EnginSoft (Italy), started in 2011. Both parent companies have extensive recognized experience solving challenging engineering problems using engineering simulation (custom-developed software and commercial CAE tools) in the Oil & Gas (O&G) industry, with major clients such as ExxonMobil, Chevron, BP, Petrobras, ENI/Saipem, Shell, StatOil, and FMC.
They have decided to leverage their experience jointly into the Houston/Gulf Region by establishing a Houston office to aggressively pursue opportunities for similar projects, and relevant software development and sales, from local O&G companies.
ESSS-NA is seeking an experienced account manager/sales person to pursue major simulation-centric solution projects among O&G companies in the greater Houston area and beyond, including custom software development and licensing of the Flowmaster and Kraken commercial software products.
The ideal candidate has a successful track record (preferably in the Houston area) of selling technical solutions (ideally simulation-software-centric projects) into the O&G industry, and possesses the corresponding industry structure knowledge, management-level contacts, and professional personality.
The successful candidate understands the value of computational simulations and how to generate pilot projects and benchmarks to show prospects the benefits of working with ESSS-NA and is expected to work closely with the Project and Application Engineers to provide ongoing technical support to ESSS-NA customers.
Primary job expectations and responsibilities include:
- Lead the development, presentation, and sales of software/project value propositions;
- Attain assigned revenue goals through direct project and software sales
Accurate and timely forecasting;
- Ensure customer satisfaction through timely and frequent interactions;
- Identify, establish and develop strategic, long-term customer account relationships.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum, or Aerospace engineering. A Master's degree will be considered an advantage;
- A minimum of 2-4 years of previous sales and/or business development experience in a customer related technology industry. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated sales experience in the oil & gas, marine, shipbuilding, or chemical process industries;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Oil & Gas industry segments, the CAE and PLM market, and the application of computational simulations for solving engineering challenges is a definite advantage;
- Previous experience in the use of commercial CAE applications in FEA or CFD is not required but will be considered an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to deliver presentations and lead meetings/discussions in a variety of settings, ranging from technical product presentations, product demonstrations, and sales/business meetings;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Frequent weekly customer visits are expected. Occasional travel within Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana is also expected.
Negotiable compensation package consists of a competitive base salary with potential for bonus, commensurate with industry experience and educational background. Standard benefits include comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, and vision care, 401K enrollment option, standard holidays and paid time off.
Potential candidates interested in this opportunity should forward a current resume to Dr. Jean Paul Kabche (firstname.lastname@example.org
) or Dr. Dennis Nagy (email@example.com